Canada's national symbol captured in 99.99% pure silver.
About the Design:
- UNIQUE COIN FINISH! The finish on your coin combines brilliant and frosted relief over a lined background. No other mint in the world offers coins with this kind of finish.
- Captures Canadian iconography in a beautiful design
- One of our best selling coins each year
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Perfect size and price for starting a new collection
- Unbridled quality you expect from the Royal Canadian Mint
- A celebration of life and an expression of national pride—all in a 99.99% pure silver coin!
- The artistry is as compelling as the story told through the precision engraving, which captures every stage of a maple leaf's life cycle in outstanding detail!
Designed by Canadian artist Donna Kriekle, your coin features an artistic interpretation of the cycle of life, which is exemplified by the evolution of a sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaf. Each element draws parallels to the artist's own family tree, with each generation represented by the leaf's different stage of growth: the winged maple key known as a samara (bottom left) represents the children, and the promise of new life; the curved appearance of the branch follows the progression of time, as gentle flowers turn into young leaves; the deeply veined appearance of the mature leaf then gives way to the broad, elder leaf in autumn.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.