Celebrate the most likeable sign of the Chinese zodiac with this original, pure silver coin honouring the Year of the Dog. Just like man's best friend, Dog people are warm and easy-going, with a deep sense of loyalty. They'll stick with you through thick and thin, but also have an uncanny way of seeing right through you—like the adoration you feel by gifting them this fetching coin.
The perfect gift or keepsake for a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Dog: 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006—and this year's newborns from February 16, 2018 to February 4, 2019.
- BEAUTIFUL SPECIMEN FINISH The finish on your coin combines brilliant and frosted relief over a lined background. No other mint in the world offers coins with this kind of finish.
- CHINESE CHARACTER FOR DO! The coin includes the Chinese character for dog.
- UNIQUE MINTAGE! Limited to 15,888 coins worldwide.
- HALF OUNCE PURE SILVER Your coin is crafted from 1/2 ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
Canadian artist Simon Ng has created a stylized depiction of a dog standing above a traditional Chinese latticework that incorporates a rose, one of the dog's lucky flowers. A rose also appears on the dog's chest, while onciduim and cymbidium orchids, the dog's other floral charms, fill the remainder of its silhouette. The Chinese character for dog appears to the right. Beautiful engraving captures the energy of the loyal dog personality that is always poised and ready to play—or protect.
The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.