Ninth coin in the beautiful O Canada 10-coin series
The ninth ½ oz. silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2013 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the national sport of Hockey. An excellent addition to your nature-focused, Northern or Canadiana coin display.
• Your coin is the ninth coin in the O Canada 1/2 oz silver coin series.
• This design has incorporated each of the various finishing details available to the Mint to ensure a detailed execution of the final product. This coin will have you looking at it over and over to see all the fine details.
• Engraved in exquisite detail to celebrate one of Canada’s most popular national sports.
• A great gift and collectible to celebrate the Canadian culture, hockey and sport in Canada, Canadian history, and the country’s unique iconography.
• Struck in 99.99% fine silver, your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Tony Bianco and presents a small group of individuals enjoying a pick-up game on a small local rink. In the foreground, we see the backs of a father and child, sticks over their shoulders and skates hanging from the sticks by their laces in a typical Canadian fashion. Bundled in warm coats, snowpants and toques, they walk through the snow to a small outdoor community hockey rink. In the background, other players lean against the outside of the boards, sticks held high, waiting for their turn to join the game. On the rink itself, an adult and several children are engaged in a game. The adult and one of the children wave their hands and sticks high in the air, signaling perhaps that someone has scored a goal. In the distant background, stark leafless trees rise against the wintry horizon.
Packaging Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized full color sleeve.