Fourth coin in the beautiful O Canada 10-coin series
The Fourth ½ oz. silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2013 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images, this beautiful coin celebrates the Polar Bear. An excellent addition to your nature-focused, Northern or Canadiana coin display.
• The coin is the fourth coin in the O Canada 1/2 oz silver coin series.
• This design has incorporated each of the various finishing details available to the Mint to ensure a detailed execution of the final product. This coin will have you looking at it over and over to see all the fine details.
• Engraved in exquisite detail to celebrate one of Canada’s most popular national sports.
• A great gift and collectible series to celebrate the Canadian culture, hockey and sport in Canada, Canadian history, and the country’s unique iconography.
• Struck in 99.99% fine silver.
The coin was designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc, your silver coin captures this remarkable mammal as it perches patiently on the edge of an Arctic ice floe, waiting for the exact moment to strike and seize its prey. Crafted with meticulous attention to quality, much detail is revealed in the engraved raised relief depicting the bear’s fur coat and water’s edge. Framing the reverse image is an outer band featuring the word “CANADA,” the date “2013,” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS,” as well as a small stylized polar bear paw print symbol.
Packaging Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized full color sleeve.