When the Royal Canadian Mint introduced its first Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin in 1988, the coin's beauty and purity made it an instant success. Since that first release, the Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin has been minted annually with one troy ounce (31.1 grams) of 9999 fine silver and a face value of 5 dollars—the highest face value on the market for any comparable silver bullion coin.
A beautiful coin that celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Silver Maple Leaf in a gorgeous 5 oz format.
- The coin features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin from the coin's first release in 1988.
- A FIRST! The coin features a reverse proof finish, a first on a 5-ounce fine silver coin.
- This reverse proof finish coin highlights the engraved areas of the coin, showcasing a brilliant design with all of the detail without removing any texture from the artwork.
- The $50 coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a weight of 157.6 grams and a diameter of 65 millimetres (over 2.5 inches).
- Low worldwide mintage of only 2,500.
Design: The coin was designed by Arnold Nogy and features a variation on the original Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin. This design depicts two small sugar maple leaves overlapping the bottom lobes of one large sugar maple leaf. Each raised maple leaf is rendered in sculptural detail, and fills your coin's field. The top of the design is embossed with the word "CANADA" while the bottom of the image features the bilingual text "25th ANNIVERSARY" and "25e ANNIVERSAIRE," with weight of 5 ounces indicated. The leaf cipher is flanked on its left and right sides by the purity standard "9999." The obverse shows an embossed face value of 50 dollars, the commemorative years "1988" and "2013," the words "ELIZABETH II," and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin, from the coin's first release in 1988.
Packaging: The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded custom wooden collector box, lacquered in red, and protected by a black beauty box.