This coin is the fourth in a series of prized coins that feature a Venetian glass embellishment; the others have sold out quickly.
• This stunning coin’s Venetian glass leopard frog was handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
• Murano glass is world-renowned for its bright colours, which beautifully showcases the leopard frog upon a full colour, engraved lily pad.
• The coin is the fourth in a series that pair engraved and painted flowers with a beautifully detailed rendering of a creature that is native to Canada’s natural landscape.
• The coin depicts a leopard frog peacefully basking in the sun’s rays atop a bright green water-lily pad, next to the plant’s yellow bloom.
• An impressive gift for nature enthusiasts or conservationists to commemorate a special occasion.
• A spectacular addition to your nature- or Canadiana-themed collection.
Design: The coin was designed by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais and features an engraved and painted Yellow Pond Lily (Nuphar variegatum) that occupies the left side of the image field. The blossom is in fool bloom, its outer cup shaped petals opened to reveal the circular pattern of stamens cradled inside. A stunning, translucent green Leopard Frog made of Venetian glass and hand-crafted by Giuliano Donaggio – a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy – sits upon the engraved and coloured green lily pad leaf in the right portion of the image field.
The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-maroon box with black beauty box.