NOTE: There is a 'Shipping Estimator' tool in the shopping cart, which gives you an estimate of the shipping cost based on the weight/value of the goods placed in the cart. This tool is accurate, and will give you the type and cost of the shipping for your order
RATES OF POSTAGE
We offer 3 main types of delivery which are:
Recorded Delivery at a minimum cost of £4.00, increasing with the weight of goods ordered. The Recorded delivery option is only available on orders with a total value of up to £35.00. All orders over £35.00 will only have the option of Special Insured delivery.
Recorded delivery is sent purely AT BUYERS RISK due to lack of insurance. Even on small orders,the kind of goods we deal in ARE NOT COVERED by the Recorded delivery compensation.
Should the package not arrive you will NOT be compensated but a proof of postage receipt, along with a copy of Invoice & Royal Mail Claim form will be provided should you wish to try and persue a claim. However, we do know from experience that this will be a futile excercise.
Special Delivery at a minimum cost of £6.90, again increasing with weight and order value. Choosing the next day Special delivery postage option is not an indication of our processing time. This is SOLELY the name of the service as supplied by Royal Mail, and is *guaranteed 'Next Day' delivery from the time we dispatch the order only, and not the time WE guarantee to process orders. The special delivery service is used to ensure all valuable orders are insured in transit to customers, and is fuly trackable through the postal system
Special Delivery is the prefered method of dispatch, as your order will be fully insured during transit. We always ensure FULL INSURANCE cover to the order total, which if necessary may require splitting orders in to multiple parcels, for which additional charges may apply. You would be notified of this BEFORE we process payment and confirm processing of your order.
* Please Note: Royal Mail do not guarantee next day delivery on the Special delivery service if items are posted out on a Friday - in such cases the Guarantee delivery day is the following Monday
Claims for lost or not received packages sent by Special Delivery are dealt with promptly and proof of postage receipts are always available upon request. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until a complete investigation and report is received from the Royal Mail.
INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR - Overseas Deliveries International Signed For Delivery at a minimum cost of £7.50, again increasing with weight up to a 2 kilo maximum. International Signed For Delivery will usually gets to its destination within a week and usually comes with some insurance, but insurance cover is restricted due to the nature of our products such as precious metals, and a countries import regulations. PLEASE NOTE: for this reason ALL International orders are sent SOLELY AT BUYERS RISK and should you not be happy with this please do not order.
Please Note: There is some dispute as to just what is insured when using this option. We have seen a prohibited list that the Royal Mail use on this option for different countries, and the Insurance cover excludes Precious Metals to some countries, so it is likely that any claim for loss on our products would fail. We therefore only send out International orders to countries where there is no import restrictions on our products, split into £500.00 value – eg. order of £1000.00 – 2 parcels. We are making it clear to overseas customers, of these conditions so they can make an informed choice.
IT IS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THAT THEY CAN LEGALLY IMPORT THE ITEMS THEY PURCHASE FROM US, AS WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CUSTOMS REGULATIONS OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
GOLD & SILVER COINS are prohibited to import for the following countries:
LATVIA, ESTONIA, TAIWAN (all coins & Banknotes), THAILAND (All coins)
BULGARIA - Coins & Banknotes, any gold silver or platunum manufatured or otherwise.
CHINA - It appears that import restrictions are in place on goods over the value of $50 US.
We will make a full claim with the Royal Mail should an International parcel get lost, and we will provide copies of all correspondance to the client. Should the claim be sucessful we will reimburse the client to the full value of the claim paid out, HOWEVER, should any claim fail we shall forward the documentation from the Royal Mail, but no compensation will be paid.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
In line with the Distance Selling Regulations 2000, PRECIOUS METAL goods, which are subject to market fluctuations, are exempted from cancellation of contract or returns under the regulations, and below is an extract from the Office of Fair Trading to highlight this:
Exceptions to the regulations
The regulations do not apply to:
- financial services
- sale of land or buildings
- purchases from a vending machine or automated commercial premises
- the use of a public pay phone
- auctions, including internet auctions < >rental agreements that have to be in writing (i.e. a lease for three years or more) personalised goods or goods made to a consumer's specification
- goods that cannot, by their nature, be returned
- perishable goods (eg flowers, fresh food)
- un-sealed audio or video recordings or computer software
- newspapers, periodicals or magazines
- betting, gaming or lottery services
- services that begin, by agreement, before the end of the cancellation period providing the supplier has informed the consumer before the conclusion of the contract, in writing or another durable medium, that he will not be able to cancel once performance of the services has begun with his agreement < >goods or services, the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market. http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/
Weighton Coin Wonders are happy to refund or exchange goods purchased from us, that customers decide they do not want upon arrival at destination. However, such refunds or exchanges may be accepted at the sole discretion of the directors, but any such return / cancellation will be subject to a 10% administration charge to cover the costs of such, and may be subject to a contract price correction in line with market conditions at the time of negotiation.
This does not affect your rights as a consumer under any other relevent laws in forrce at the time of purchase.
RETURNS WITH AN ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT:
In the unlikely event that an item needs to be returned, please contact us by phone or email at the earliest convenience to discuss arrangements for the return of the item/items. At this time we will notify you of how we require the goods to be returned, and the method of return to be used.
Items may be returned if found to be the incorrect item/items, faulty or not as described within 7 days after the invoice date for a merchandise exchange or refund based on the original form of payment. Return postage costs will be refunded based on the method used as instructed by Weighton Coin Wonders, at the time of contacting us to notify of a problem.
RETURNS WITHOUT AN ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT:
Refunds are based on the current selling price.
RETURNING OR EXCHANGING ITEMS BY MAIL:
Follow these instructions to return any Weighton Coin Wonders E-Shop purchase by mail.
1. Please keep one copy of the invoice for your records.
2. Circle the item(s) that you are returning or exchanging and on the bottom portion of the invoice note the reason why.
3. Indicate if you want us to credit the card used to place the order or if you would like an exchange, let us know what you want. We will NOT pay the costs for shipping the exchange order, unless the item(s) were not as stated in the listing description. You will therefore need to include postage payment with the returned goods if they are to be exchanged.
4. If items are returned for refund WE WILL NOT refund postage costs unless the goods were found to be faulty or damaged upon customer inspection, and only then will we refund an amount based on the shipping method stipulated by our returns administrator at the time of contacting us. To ensure fraudulant claims are not made for unattractive, damaged or dull coins by swapping with personal stock the claim will be thoroughly investigated and checked against records we possess of each item as ALL stock is personally checked before dispatch and so is highly unlikely to be our fault, before a decision is made to refund or exchange.
5. Please supply the name and address where we should send the refund or exchange.
6. Pack and seal your return securely, in the original package if possible. Packages must be returned prepaid by the method as stated by Weighton Coin Wonders -- we do not accept C.O.D. deliveries.
Send returns to:
Weighton Coin Wonders
50 Market Place
We Will Only Refund Shipping Charges If We Have Sent The Wrong Item Or If The Item Sent Is Defective. Furthermore, we will only refund the cost of the return shipping method that we ask you to return the item by (dependant on the value of the goods being returned). If in doubt please contact us for instructions BEFORE returning an item/items.
CREDIT CARD SAFEGUARD
We safeguard the integrity of our customers credit card information. We will only process card payments through our secure merchant account with Streamline and American Express, which are companies who both have a proven record on security of card details.